AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE MAYOR TO ENTER AN AGREEMENT WITH GPD GROUP TO PERFORM DESIGN ENGINEERING FOR THE  LAKEVIEW SCHOOLS  PEDESTRIAN ENHANCEMENT, PID 90221

 

 

WHEREAS,  The Council of the City of Cortland, through R-09-10, supported the submission on an the application for the transportation enhancement activity, and

 

WHEREAS,  the City of Cortland has received transportation enhancement project funding for the Lakeview Schools  Pedestrian Enhancement whereby eligible construction activities will be funded at 80% with the city being responsible for the remaining 20%, and,

 

WHEREAS,  the City of Cortland requested, received and reviewed statement of qualifications for the provision of design engineering services in accordance with Ohio Revised Code, and,

 

WHEREAS, the City of Cortland requested GPD Group as the most qualified firm, to provide a cost proposal for the services, and

 

WHEREAS, the consultant has provided a detailed technical and cost proposal for the design services, and,

 

WHEREAS, the cost of authorized design services totals $21,977.00 for basic services and $8,341.00 for environmental services if authorized, and,

 

NOW, THEREFORE:

 

BE IT ORDAINED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF CORTLAND, OHIO:

 

Section 1.  That the Cortland City Council authorizes the Mayor to enter an agreement with GPD Group, 520 South Main St., Suite 2531, Akron, Ohio 44311 to perform engineering design services for the Lakeview Schools Pedestrian Enhancement Project.

 

Section 2.  That Council hereby authorizes payment for the basic services at a cost not to exceed $ 21,977.00 to be paid from 15-P-251.

 

Section 2.  That Council hereby authorizes the payment for the environmental services at a cost not to exceed $ 8,341.00 be paid from 15-P-251 if required .

 

Section 4.  This ordinance shall take effect and be in full force as early as allowed by law.

 

PASSED IN COUNCIL THIS ญญญญ________DAY OF _____________________, 2011.

 

 

ATTEST: ____________________________   ________________________________

                        CLERK OF COUNCIL                     PRESIDENT OF COUNCIL

 

 

FILED W/MAYOR __________                              ___________________________

                                       DATE                                                    MAYOR

 

DATE APPROVED_____________

 

ROLL CALL

FIRST READING               SECOND READING        THIRD READING

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OFFICIAL SEAL